Interview with Deborah H. Bateman

My guest today is Deborah Bateman. Deborah loves studying the Bible and is dedicated to “Sharing God’s Word”. She is the Founder of Christian Daily Resources a Christian Online Ministry. Deborah also enjoys cooking, crafts, interior decorating, and working on her computer creating websites and blogs. She is a wife, mother of two daughters, and a grandmother to five grandchildren. 
Deborah has a Daily Bible Reading Blog where she does a Daily Bible Study. This is where “The Book of Ruth” was started. Bible Verse Tweet is another of Deborah's blogs where she shares a Daily Bible Verse. She also has a family favorite recipes blog she calls Recipe for Life.

Deborah has learned to trust God through the many trials of her life. She can relate to Naomi and Ruth’s dependence on God to see them through their life’s experiences.

Anne - Welcome, Deborah! Tell us about your book.

Deborah - The name of my book is: The Book of Ruth-A Story of Love and Redemption. It is available at Amazon and most online eBook retailers.

Anne - What do you enjoy most about writing? What part do you loathe?

Deborah - I enjoy studying the Bible and sharing what I learned with others. The part that I hate is when I am in a time crunch and don’t feel like I have given it my best.

Anne – Feeling rushed does hamper one’s creativity. When did you first realize you were destined to be a writer?

Deborah - I guess you would say I stumbled upon it. I started a class to learn how to build websites and blogs, and started sharing on there. Then, I started writing articles, and took an eBook course and decided to turn some of my Bible Studies into books.

Anne - Any words of advice for struggling, unpublished writers?

Deborah - I would tell them not to give up, but in the meantime consider self-publishing.

Anne - What activity (cause, charity, or organization) consumes your time when you’re away from the keyboard? 

Deborah - I keep three of my grandchildren in my home five days a week. I pick them up from two different schools. I also pick up products that are donated by our local grocery store and take them to a women’s shelter in town. I like participating in the Women on Mission group and going to Bible studies at my church when I can work it into my schedule.

Anne - Tell us about the defining moment when you felt as if you’d finally made it as an author. 

Deborah - I am new to all of this so I don’t know if you would say I have arrived yet or not. However, there was actually two moments that moved me to tears. One was when I first downloaded my book for publication. The other was when I had the Book Launch on November 15, 2011 and found out that The Book of Ruth-A Story of Love and Redemption ended up on two bestseller lists.

Anne – Where can readers reach you online?

Deborah – At my website: http://www.DeborahHBateman.com. At my Daily-Bible-Reading blog, and on Facebook.

Anne – Thank you, Deborah. It’s been a pleasure chatting with you today. I wish you every success, and of course, happy writing!

* * *