More Is Less, Or Is It?

It's been years since I've celebrated the new year. I'm quite content to stay at home with my hubby and sit by the fire. I do, however, get caught up in the excitement and hopefulness of what another year might bring.

I also make resolutions (even if I rarely make them a reality!) Sigh.

My goals for 2012 are (1) write more, (2) eat less, (3) exercise regularly, and (4) spend less time online. In the past I would have thought the last item would be a breeze, but no more. There are days I fear I'm as addicted to social media.

Being an optimist, however, I refuse to admit defeat just yet!

Re writing more: Rachel Aaron explains how she increased her word count from 2000 words per day to 10,000 words per day. Her advice about being excited about what you're going to write hit a nerve.

Re eating less and exercising each day...well, that's up to me, isn't it?

Re spending less time online: Ivana Milakovic suggests shorter blogs are better for both the writer and the reader.

What do you think? Is it possible to write 10K in one sitting? (I did once and felt as if I'd run a marathon!) Are shorter blog posts sweeter? What are your goals for 2012?

Your comments are always welcome and appreciated, as is your option to become a follower. (Thanks!)

* * *