The Visionary by Pamela Thibodeaux


My guest today is award-winning author Pamela S. Thibodeaux. 

She is the Co-Founder and a lifetime member of Bayou Writers Group in Lake Charles, Louisiana. Multi-published in romantic fiction as well as creative non-fiction, her writing has been tagged as, “Inspirational with an Edge!” ™ and reviewed as “steamier and grittier than the typical Christian novel without decreasing the message.”

Welcome to Piedmont Island, Pamela. It’s a great day to sit by the fire and chat about writing and books. Let’s not waste a precious moment of our time together.

Anne - Tell us about The Visionary.
           
Pamela  - A visionary is someone who sees into the future, Taylor Forrestier sees into the past but only as it pertains to her work. Hailed by her peers as “a visionary with an instinct for beauty and an eye for the unique” Taylor is undoubtedly a brilliant architect and gifted designer. But she and twin brother Trevor, share more than a successful business. The two share a childhood wrought with lies and deceit and the kind of abuse that’s disturbingly prevalent in today’s society.  Can the love of God and the power of His grace and mercy free the twins from their past and open their hearts to the good plan and the future He has for their lives? Find out in…The Visionary ~ Where the awesome power of God’s love heals the most wounded of souls.

Anne – Would you share an excerpt with us?

Pamela – I’d love to.

Trevor hovered in the place between wakefulness and sleep, darkness and light, heaven and hell. He could hear his sister’s voice, but he couldn’t see her, couldn’t find her in the darkness, and couldn’t reach her in the red haze of pain and fear. He was hot, so hot. He burned with anger and shame and shook with the fear that kept him bound, unable to get to her. He felt trapped, helpless. She called to him again, but it was the sound of a little girl whimpering. He mumbled her name, assured her he was there, that he’d save and protect her. It wouldn’t happen again, he promised and struggled to jerk his hands from their restraints, to break through the darkness and rescue her.

Anne – That’s riveting, Pamela. It’s a perfect example of why your books are “inspirational with an edge”. What do you enjoy most about writing? What part do you loathe? 

Pamela - I love the creative process and have come to enjoy the editing and promoting - what I loathe is time it takes between writing and publishing and the seemingly endless process in between. 

Anne - Of all the characters you’ve created, does one hold a special place in your heart? Why?

Pamela - The hero in my novel, The Visionary, Alex Broussard holds a special place in my heart because out of all of my heroes, he is the one who most reminds me of my deceased husband. 

Anne – I’m sure I’m not the only one with a tear in my eye, Pamela. What a wonderful way to honor your husband and the love you shared.

Do you have any words of advice for struggling, unpublished writers?

Pamela - Never give up. Keep growing, learning and honing your craft. Be flexible and open to advice from those who’ve been where you are and share your knowledge and experience with those coming up behind you.  Stay true to your voice and your characters--afterall, it is their story, you are just writing it down. Don’t quit -- writing is a gift and a talent, don’t bury your talent or hide your gift.

Anne - Outside of writing, what accomplishment are you most proud?

Pamela - Being a wife and mother is by far & foremost accomplishment I’m most proud of.

Anne - Have you experienced writer's block? If so, how did you work through it?

Pamela - I doubt there is a writer on the planet that hasn’t experienced writer’s block to some degree. For me, this malady usually occurs when I’m under tremendous stress in some area of my life or when I’m trying to write the story my way instead of paying attention to what God is showing/telling me. I work through/overcome by taking a break and spending time in prayer and quiet meditation.

Anne - Quick. Your five favorites – author, actor, movie, song, quote.

Pamela - Nora Roberts, Melissa Gilbert, Pretty Woman, any song by Third Day, “When the going gets tough, the tough get on their knees.”

Anne - To what or whom do you credit your success?

Pamela - Many people have a love/hate relationship with their muse. My muse is the Holy Spirit and I accredit every ounce of success to the grace of God because without HIM I seriously doubt I could write a single word, much less stories that bring hope and healing to so many.

Anne – I can’t believe it’s time to wrap this up already. I’ve enjoyed our time together and want to thank you for dropping by Piedmont Island, Pamela. I also wish you every success with The Visionary. Before you leave, I have one final question. Where can readers reach you online?

Pamela – At my websiteBlogBayou WritersGroup, FaceBook and Twitter.

Anne – Thanks again, Pamela. Readers, your comments are welcome and appreciated. Become a follower to ensure you get every interview, announcement and/or blog post. Last, but certainly not least, have a super day and happy reading!

* * *